The Hotel was built around 1810, during a great expansion which included streets such as Hampshire Terrace, Landport Terrace, King’s Terrace, Wish Street (which later became King’s Road and Elm Grove), Jubilee Terrace and Bellevue Terrace were built adjacent to the old walls of the city.
Although the streets still exist, many of them were among the most heavily bombed areas of Portsmouth in the Second World War, and like much of Southsea they experienced significant redevelopment in Postwar Britain
The hotel has been recently refurbished but still maintains it’s character and offers a warm welcome. The rooms are bright and clean and all contain tea and coffee making appliances, with En-suite facilities in each room
There are 8 rooms available consisting of 2x Family rooms, 4x double room and 2x single, please see the tariff page for room rates.